'We’re all a little weird. And life is weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutual weirdness and call it love.'
-Dr. Suess

Friday, January 27, 2012

Full Term...almost

I'm almost there, or at least that's what I keep telling myself.  I am so ready to not be pregnant, and I am really excited to be able to fully workout again.  However, the past couple of days brought a little bit of an unexpected turn when I went to my latest Dr. appointment.  Sometimes I think Doctors just think I lay around all day and I have unlimited time at my disposal to come in any time or sit and wait for an indefinite amount of time.  Let's just say I DON'T.  So I have to leave class to run (literally) to my appointment.  I arrive on time, check in and patiently wait.  Well I happened to end up being the last patient of the day and I waited for over an hour to get in, and those magazines only occupy you for so long.  Finally, I get in feeling really annoyed, and I wait in my room for probably another half hour for the doctor to get in there.  So, he just tells me that they are going to test for Strep B and since I was so close to full term see if I was dilated at all.  So they do the test and he feels the baby from the outside and says he feels in the right position and ready.  Then he goes to see if I'm dilated and tells me I am to about a 2 and 90% effaced, but he said they needed to do an ultrasound because he couldn't feel the baby's head.  So they run and get the ultrasound machine and we discover that the baby is breech even though they thought he had turned head down a while ago.  So now I have to go to the hospital Monday and they are going to try to turn him.  Hopefully he is cooperative because I really don't want a c-Section.  I don't know what's more stressful the prospect of the whole turning process or the whole rearranging of my schedule to be there.  The doctor was a little surprised that I effaced so much without the head being down and just said it must be because I walk so much.  So come Monday we will see how it all turns out, and hopefully baby will arrive in the next couple of weeks.

4 comments:

  1. I still can't believe you're having a BABY next month!! I hope everything goes ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celeste Jacobson Shamo had to do this. It worked out pretty good for her and she had the baby soon after. Good luck on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cait, have you tried talking to the baby to get him to move? It sounds hokey, but I've heard from a few people that it works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah there is all kinds of fun stuff to try. I've done the laying with your hips above your head while having Jeff talk to him. Supposedly they go towards the voice, or you can play music to them down by your pubic bone. I've also been trying the ice up on the top of my stomach, so he will try to get away from it, and I've gone swimming and done handstands :). Hopefully something works. We will see.

      Delete