'We’re all a little weird. And life is weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutual weirdness and call it love.'
-Dr. Suess

Monday, January 14, 2013

Generic Blog Post

I keep thinking I should blog more frequently, and I always think I have lots of things to say, but then I start writing and draw a complete blank.  Here is what we have been up to.

For Christmas we went down to Toquerville hoping for warm weather because can I just say I DO NOT remember Provo being this cold in the past five years that I've lived here, and it probably doesn't help that we keep our house at 60 degrees.  Anyway so Christmas was full of fun.  We went sledding Christmas Eve, which still hasn't gotten to the point where it is fun with Liam.  He does not like being restricted by a bulky snowsuit and his hands covered by mittens, but I got to sled a couple of times which was fun.  Christmas day we hiked out to Devil's hole, nearly every couple lugging a baby as 3 of my siblings all have babies the same age as Liam.  We also went swimming in St. George which Liam loved, and went out psuedo-hiking at Dixie Rock.  Then everyone got sick (with the exception of us fortunately) which ended most of the outdoor fun.  It was great and Liam got a bunch of empty boxes because we are cheap and a ride-on/push car (so you know we aren't heartless).  I wanted to get him something that he would like for a few years and all the 3 and 5 year olds really liked it so I think I succeeded.

Now I've been staying home with Liam all day, which usually means I go out with him all day because if I stay inside all day I tend to go nuts.  It still is weird that I wont be going to school or buying books,  I got my real deal diploma in the mail and it just hit me that I had really graduated.  Anyway, winter makes things much more difficult though because then I have to lug my baby, who is already plenty bulky on his own, in full snow gear.  Then you go inside and have to take it off and put it on.   So there is my rant on my dislikes of winter.

So its hard to believe, but Liam will be 1 next month.  So crazy, but here is what he has been up to.
        -Social Skills:  He is still a real show off, but now we are starting to see some separation anxiety.  Mainly if I'm around he just has to be clinging to me or climbing all over me.  It's been driving me slightly crazy.  He loves people looking at him, but likes to keep me close.
      -Sleeping:  Some slight improvement.  Last night he woke up once right before I went to bed, and then one time in the middle of the night.  He also woke up at 6 and then went back to sleep until 7:30, but I guess that's technically not in the night.  So hopefully we are almost there
     -Eating:  He recently got sick again.  Grr.... sickness up here has been outrageous.  So he stopped for a while and is now just starting to get back into it again.  My main problem has been that he doesn't like me to cut things up small for him.  He wants it whole just like I have it, but of course he will just shove the whole thing in his mouth, but he gets mad if I try to feed it to him or cut it up.  So independent where I don't want him to be, but less independent where I would like him to be.
     -Motor:  Still crawling but he is fast.  He just found where our stairs are so I will probably have to break down and buy a gate.  He can crawl up just fine but he is still trying to figure out how to do down.  He can walk behind his car but isn't really showing any interest in trying it on his own yet.
     -Language:  Lots of jabbering and imitating.  He loves it if we repeat whatever he jabbered.  He will say mama if he is tired and whiny but I still don't think he has linked it to me yet, still just sound play.  Jabbering has adult like prosody, and he definitely likes to experiment with voice volume.  Here is a video of him jabbering away.

No comments:

Post a Comment